For additional information or to apply for the position of PITI-VITI Instructors - Audit and Finance, please contact us at [email protected]
Key Qualifications for the Job
Ideal candidates will have a combination of the following knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Interest and proven experience in training government auditors and finance professionals,
- Demonstrated experience leading audit or finance offices or programs in government,
- Experience conducting audits in accordance with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards and/or preparing financial statements for audit,
- Interest in international audit or finance organizations/associations, experience as a leader in organizations/associations,
- Certification or related professional recognition in auditing or finance,
- Demonstrated knowledge through an advanced degree in a related field, with university teaching expereince preferred.
The PITI-VITI Instructors
Instructors use Graduate School USA curriculum and may develop curriculum or augment our programs with work experience and examples. Typical in-person instructor assignments require travel to the Pacific and Virgin Islands (training locations include Guam, the Republic of Palau, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, American Samoa, and the U.S. Virgin Islands). Typical courses are 1-2 weeks in length. PITI-VITI arranges and provides all travel from instructors' homes of record to and from the training destinations. Instructors contact and work with local hosts for training logistics and facilitate the course, generally for 8 hours per day. Instructors prepare trip repotrs summarizing the results of each training effort.