Health and Safety Protocols
With the resumption of on-site training in the insular areas, the Graduate School USA’s Pacific and Virgin Islands Training Initiatives (PITI-VITI) is working closely with local training hosts to ensure that all participants enjoy a safe learning experience. Please review the following health and safety guidelines, and contact PITI-VITI at [email protected] with any questions.
Participation and Attendance
Participation in PITI-VITI courses is restricted to participants, instructors, and support staff only. Participants should not join a PITI-VITI training if unwell, and should immediately leave the training and seek medical care if they begin to feel unwell.
As a precondition to participation in PITI-VITI training sessions, each participant must:
- Have pre-registered for the course and completed the Waiver and Release of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19 form.
- Have not been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 14 days;
- Have not had symptoms consistent with COVID-19 in the last 14 days;
- Have not had close contact with someone with COVID-19 or symptoms consistent with COVID-19 in the last 14 days;
- Agree not to participate or to leave the classroom if they feel unwell or if any of these situations become known to them before or during any PITI-VITI training.
The Graduate School USA follows well-established and evidence-based protective measures consistent with local regulations at the time of training in each location.
- Maintain physical distance as much as possible.
- Host offices will ensure facilities and spacing are in accordance with local rules,
- Greetings such as handshakes, embracing and similar activity are not consistent with physical distancing.
Class sizes may be limited to comply with current regulations within each jurisdiction.
- Local regulations may require participants to wear a face-covering while in the training room.
- Face coverings, if required, are to cover the mouth and nose.
- Hand-sanitizing is encouraged.
- No food or drink glassware will be provided in meeting rooms.
Host offices will ensure that training facilities are cleaned to the requirements in their jurisdiction. Attendees are encouraged to ensure their workspace is clean.
After the meeting
If you become unwell or are diagnosed with COVID-19 within 14 days following a PITI-VITI training, please contact PITI-VITI Administration through the confidential address [email protected] so we may notify participants that they are a potential close contacts.